Tuesday, September 17, 2019

UseNET Posting About David Asprey's 1st Entreprenurial Endeavor: A T-Shirt that says: "caffeine: my drug of choice"

I found this on usenet. Fun stuff!

Caffeine T-Shirtsby David Asprey  "Caffeine: my drug of choice" T-shirts with a picture   of the caffeine molecule on them.  High quality;   $12 including US shipping.  For more information   e-mail:    cyboman@mcl.mcl.ucsb.edu++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

URL: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.food.drink.coffee/david$20asprey|sort:date/rec.food.drink.coffee/WQWrAdyswVI/PuwfcVhEoQkJ

I also found this post, which mention's Dave's t-shirt:
In article , krister...@histocel.umu.se (Krister Lindmark) writes:
>In article , jge...@delphi.com wrote:
>
>>    WOOD ROASTED ANTIGUA COFFEE - MMmmmmn GOOD!
>
>HEY YOU ALL!! (Sorry for shouting)
>I'm kind of getting tired of seeing these ads here. I hope I'm not the only
>one.
>
>I drink my coffee vprikusku and no milk. Not vnakladku or vprigljadku.
>

Krister (et al.):

As I have stated in previous posts, I think some kind of compromise is
needed here.   As a coffee drinker, I just happen to live in an area
that doesn't have many coffee houses or sources for good beans (the dreaded
brand XXX is everywhere here in Iowa).  Further, I am constantly exploring new
sources and while I have several 'favorite' mail order places, I am not
a 'one-vendor' consumer.   Therefore, the ads for coffee which have appear
here from time to time have been a great resource for me.  

Without them, I would have never enjoyed Seth's Capulin coffee or the wonderful
roasts from Speeder & Earls or Monsoon Malabar from Rileys Coffee and
Fudge or half a dozen other vendors mentioned here.   I wouldn't know
about Peet's or Starbucks and while a few here might consider that a 
blessing, they have never been forced to drink the dreaded brand XXX. I
would also not be in possession of a couple of Dave Asprey's T-shirts.

Having several roasters/vendors online here has definitely added to 
the quality of the group.  They have been a rich resource for coffee-related
information.  I don't want to discourage their involvement here.

But I share your concern about the groups deteriorating into massive piles 
of hype.  It certainly hasn't happened yet and I hope it doesn't.

Tim "I am both the Lewis and the Clark of the coffee universe" Nemec   


No comments: